About Americans for Prosperity
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) and Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFP Foundation) are committed to educating citizens about economic policy and mobilizing those citizens as advocates in the public policy process. AFP is an organization of grassroots leaders who engage citizens in the name of limited government and free markets on the local, state and federal levels. The grassroots members of AFP advocate for public policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory restraint.
AFP Foundation is committed to educating citizens about economic policy and a return of the federal government to its Constitutional limits. AFP Foundation’s educational programs and analyses help policymakers, the media and individual citizens understand why policies that promote the American enterprise system are the best method to ensuring prosperity for all Americans. To that end, AFP and AFP Foundation supports:
- Cutting taxes and government spending in order to halt the encroachment of government in the economic lives of citizens by fighting proposed tax increases and pointing out evidence of waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Tax and Expenditure Limitations to promote fiscal responsibility.
- Removing unnecessary barriers to entrepreneurship and opportunity by sparking citizen involvement in the regulatory process early on in order to reduce red tape.
- Restoring fairness to our judicial system.
Americans for Prosperity and Americans for Prosperity Foundation are two separate entities with their own governing boards. Each is a national organization based in Washington, DC, with staff on the ground in state chapters across the nation.
What We Do
AFP and AFP Foundation’s network of organized and influential citizen leaders in a growing number of states throughout the country is working to change the nation one state at a time.
- AFP mobilizes citizens to effectively make their voices heard in public policy issue campaigns.
- AFP educates citizens about where their elected officials stand on our issues.
- AFP and AFP Foundation combine “best-in-class” capabilities built once at the national level with local knowledge from our state staff and on-the-ground armies to create economies of scale that win.
- AFP and AFP Foundation leverage our comparative advantages with those of other groups by building coalitions of local, state, and national organizations fighting for a common cause.
- Through its Grassroots Training Schools, AFP Foundation has recruited and educated thousands of citizens on how to promote greater economic prosperity.